[99s-extend] Cowboy HTTPS connection memory usage

rambocoder erlang at rambocoder.com
Fri Dec 21 04:34:23 CET 2012

Does anybody know either from benchmarks or real world data what is the
average memory footprint of each concurrent HTTPS connection to cowboy?

SSL app in Erlang reuses SSL session-ids so I am not sure if the Apache
Bench I test with reuses the session id or it does not.

BTW, what makes an erlang api "documented" vs "undocumented". For example
ssl:session_info/1 function here (
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/maint/lib/ssl/src/ssl.erl#L411 ) has a
spec and a short doc, but session_info is not described
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/ssl.html .ssl:session_info/1 is a useful
function to be able to track if the load generator is reusing the SSL
session_id or it is generating new one, because that would make all the
difference during measurement due to Erlang caching SSL sessions by default.

Sincerely,

rambocoder