[99s-extend] Arbitrary 500 from REST handler?

Phillips, Christopher Christopher.Phillips at turner.com
Thu Feb 21 20:29:36 CET 2013

  I have a case where I am creating a resource through a POST. There are a number of places where the create can fail in a known manner, and we need to alert the user to the specifics of why. Is there a way to throw an arbitrary 500, with message, from within the REST handler? I can obviously just erlang:error(whatever), but the message content is ignored, and there is no way to pass back an updated response when doing that.