[99s-extend] Cowboy Makefile

Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com
Thu Jan 24 23:41:30 CET 2013

Hi,
I understand the move away from Rebar but I'd like to see the project to
be still Rebar-compatible. Would that be a problem? Mainly I am thinking
about dependencies. The Cowboy Makefile assumes that Ranch is in its
deps folder. If Cowboy is a part of a bigger application, and most often
it will be in such a role rather than a standalone application, then all
dependencies should be kept in one place. In that case it would be the
main project's deps folder, not Cowboy's deps folder. Can the
compilation process be split into compiling Cowboy dependencies
separately from Cowboy itself?

something like:

all: compile-deps compile-cowboy

Then if Cowboy is a dependency itself it may be just compiled without
the dependency (as it will be compiled when the main project is compiled).