[99s-extend] Cowboy handler and custom gen_server link

Max Grigoriev darkit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 21:50:25 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to implement REST handler which communicates to custom
gen_servers.

Get gen_server from supervisor and link to current handler process:

rest_init(Req, _Opts) ->
  process_flag(trap_exit, true),
  {ok, Pid} = pbshare_logic_sup:start_registration(),
  link(Pid),

make_get(Req, State) ->
make error here !!!

And gen_server code:
start_link() ->
  gen_server:start_link(?MODULE, [], []).

init(Args) ->
  process_flag(trap_exit, true),
  {ok, []}.

handle_info({'EXIT', FromPid, Reason}, State) ->
  lager:info("Exit Logic from ~p  Reason: ~p~n", [FromPid, Reason]),
  {noreply, State};

So I expect to receive EXIT signal from REST handler to my gen_server when
error occurs in cowboy.
But I don't receive it. Am I doing something wrong?