[99s-extend] "access.log" for Cowboy

Ivan Uemlianin ivan at llaisdy.com
Wed May 15 12:56:57 CEST 2013

Dear All

I'm using cowboy for a restful web application, and I've set up
on_request_hook and on_response_hook to log requests and responses.

I'm using lager for logging and at the moment the above log messages are
just going out to the console.log file (via lager:info/2).

I'd like to have these log messages sent to a separate file, e.g.,
"access.log", that contains only the request & response logs.

Is anyone doing something like this now?  I think it's not an unusual
pattern with web servers.  Can I do this with lager (i.e., send only
messages at level X, not level X or above)?  Is there a more appropriate
logging mechanism?

With thanks and best wishes

Ivan

--