[99s-extend] timeout in cowboy loop handler

akonsu akonsu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 04:55:28 CEST 2013

Hello,

the documentation for `init` at
http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/cowboy/HEAD/manual/cowboy_loop_handler says:

The receive loop will run for a duration of up to Timeout milliseconds
after it last received data from the socket, at which point it will stop
and send a 204 No Content reply.

What socket does it refer to? I had an impression that the loop handles
erlang messages. Do these messages come through a socket (sorry about a
trivial question, but I am new to erlang), and this is the socket that the
docs talk about?

The reason why I am asking is because I used to have a Timeout of 60000,
and even though messages kept coming non stop, it still kept disconnecting
after a minute, until I set Timeout to infinity.

thanks
Konstantin