[99s-extend] handler and a linked process

akonsu akonsu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 15:15:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a handler that spawns a process and links to this process. the new
process does not trap exit signals.

When I open the URL that is handled by this handler in the browser, and
stop the browser before the handler finishes the request, the handler is
terminated and my terminate function is called with the Reason set to
{error,closed} or something similar.

When this happens, the linked process does not get killed, so I have to
call exit on it from the terminate function.

is this by design? I suppose when I cancel the browser request, the handler
is exited with normal exit code, correct? could you point me to the source
code for that part? it is perhaps in the "ranch" repo, no?

thanks in advance

konstantin