[99s-extend] [cowboy] Websocket with Firefox Android

Karim Gemayel ka.gemayel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 19:46:55 CEST 2014

Hello,

Writing a Cowboy (0.9.0) Websocket server (running on Ubuntu 12.04 ;
Erlang R16B03), it works fine on Firefox Desktop but fails on Firefox
Android (28.0.1).

When testing with the websocket_example, on client-side Websockets are
detected but nothing happens then, no connection seems to be initiated ;
and on server-side, despite having traces in all functions of
ws_handler.erl, nothing appears in the console.

However when testing http://www.websocket.org/echo.html with Firefox
Android, it works.

So before going for remote debugging Firefox, I was looking for similar
cases using Cowboy Websocket with Firefox Android. Is there a JavaScript
tip to manage Websocket connection in that case ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

--
Karim Gemayel