[99s-extend] Trying to grok erlang.mk

lloyd at writersglen.com lloyd at writersglen.com
Thu Mar 6 21:29:59 CET 2014

Hello,

To secure my understanding of erlang.mk, I've been trying to create the simplest possible example I can imagine. Which gives me this:

min
   erlang.mk
   Makefile
   src
      min.app.src
      min.erl

*** Where Makefile is:

PROJECT = min

include erlang.mk

*** min.app.src is:

{application, min,
         [{description,[]},
          {vsn,"0.1.0"},
          {registered,[]},
          {applications,[kernel,stdlib]},
          {env,[]},
          {modules,[]}]}.

*** and min.erl is:

-module(min).

-export([hello/0]).

hello() ->
   io:format("Hello min!~n~n").

*** But when I call make, I get this:

/min$ make
 ERLC   min.erl
 APP    min .app.src
cat: src/min: No such file or directory
cat: .app.src: No such file or directory
sed: can't read .app: No such file or directory
make: *** [app] Error 2

*** Observations

min.erl compiles just  fine
min.app.src breaks the compile

*** Questions:

1) How can I correct this?
2) How can I structure directories and make files for a project that involves several applications?

Many thanks,

LRP

My books:

THE GOSPEL OF ASHES
http://thegospelofashes.com

Strength is not enough. Do they have the courage
and the cunning? Can they survive long enough to
save the lives of millions?

FREEIN' PANCHO
http://freeinpancho.com

A community of misfits help a troubled boy find his way

AYA TAKEO
http://ayatakeo.com

Star-crossed love, war and power in an alternative
universe

Available through Amazon or by request from your
favorite bookstore