[99s-extend] Cowboy unexpectedly timing out when reading the body

Loïc Hoguin essen at ninenines.eu
Fri Mar 14 19:56:38 CET 2014

Cowboy does have a timeout too small, that will be fixed soon (by making
it configurable, per body-reading call). It will be in the next release.

On the other hand there's something weird in what you said.

On 03/14/2014 07:52 PM, Phillips, Christopher wrote:
> first check the body with cowboy_req:body(Request) as part of an access
> log, then ignore the returned cowboy_req:req() that call passed back,
> since we could not then stream the body off of it again. It was working
> fine, so I don't think it was related, but it seems more solid now after
> I removed it and I don't know if that's related or not.

If you ignore the Req being returned, especially after a body-reading
call, then Cowboy will not be able to figure out that you actually read
it, and will attempt to read it again to skip it, leading to issues.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu