[99s-extend] multiple apps with erlang.mk

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 22:33:02 CET 2014

I'm working quite a bit with erlang.mk, and one thing I've noticed is that
I've seen no mention of how to deal with multiple apps.  There are some
great examples of how to build a single app and its dependencies into a
release, but what is the proper way of handling things when you have say 6
custom written apps (with their deps)?

Right now my top level directory looks like this:

Makefile
erlang.mk
deps/
custom_app_1/
custom_app_2/
custom_app_3/

I've got the Makefile using erlang.mk to handle all the dependencies, and
then some custom rules to invoke make on all the app subdirectories.  It's
not too bad so far.  I was thinking of formalizing some of this into a
subapp plugin.