[99s-extend] callbacks for additional methods

Paul Dickson pdtwonotes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 23:50:58 CET 2015

I am writing a CalDAV handler, which is a type of WebDAV server.  CalDAV
defines a bunch of
additional methods beyond what a typical web browser would use, such as
REPORT and PROPFIND.

I have written the allowed_methods and known_methods callbacks to report
that all these methods
are acceptable.  My content_types_provided has an entry for
"application/xml", which is how these
extra methods turn up.

When I connect to my server using the calendar function of Evolution,
one of the first things it does
is a REPORT method, which is sort of a query.  This gets as far as
content_types_provided, but after
that it does not call the function I identified in
content_types_provided.

What is the best way to handle the non-standard methods that do not have
defined callbacks?