[99s-extend] help to combine websocket with basic authentication

Robert Balogh ethrbh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:47:54 CEST 2015

hello,

Sorry that I turned to the list again, but I would like to get some help
from you. I have a websocket based application, based on the
cowboy/examples/websocket. It is working well. Now I would like to add a
basic authentication, and I saw, there is an example how to do this. I
checked the cowboy/examples/rest_basic_auth example.
So I tried "add" the aut. example into my websocket app by doing the
following steps:
 - add new module for handle the authentication
   do_basic_auth.erl
 - update cowboy_router:compile function call when star application with
{"/", do_basic_auth, []}

Once the compilation done, I can start the app and I get the "basic auth"
window in the browser when connecting to localhost:8080, but the "ordinary"
index.html does not appears when I set the correct auth data (user/pwd). I
am pretty sure that I made something wrong, I do not see what I did wrong,
thus I kindly ask you, please try help me.

The project what I am working on can be seen in the github:
   https://github.com/ethrbh/websocket_2

thanks fro your help,
/Robi