[99s-extend] Proposal for Cowboy Routing

Thomas Allen thomas at oinksoft.com
Tue Nov 13 15:12:59 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:04:17AM +0100, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have put my thoughts on routing at the following gist:
>
>   https://gist.github.com/4064759
>
> Please comment or cry in terror if you're against it!

I think that this looks very good. The current router handles all of my
use cases, and this bit of sugar will definitely help to speed up
development.

As an aside, have you considered adding optional slash-add
functionality, so that /a/b will match "/a/b/"? This is pretty easy to
set up at the server level, but the front-line server doesn't know about
our dispatch rules and so it doesn't know if there is a matching
dispatch rule for the slash-added version of a given URL.

Thomas