[99s-extend] populating #http_req for unit testing

Brown, Kevin Kevin.Brown at turner.com
Fri Apr 12 01:37:18 CEST 2013

Cowfolk,

I am doing something like this to create an #http_req suitable for unit
testing my resource callbacks:

-define (HTTP_REQ_ENCODERS_PORT_8000,  #http_req{host= <<"www.foo.com">> ,
port=8000, path= <<"/encoders">>,transport=ranch_tcp, qs= <<>>, fragment=
<<>> }).

Notice that I needed to set the transport to a Cowboy specific atom
because I wanted to get cowboy_req:host_url and cowboy_req:path to work
properly.

I'm sure there is a method that Cowboy uses internally to populate an
#http_req from a URL that I could use for testing.  What might that be?
How else should I be populating this record.

Cheers,

-kb