[99s-extend] I need your feedback about this cowboy_rest handler.

Paulo F. Oliveira paulo.ferraz.oliveira at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 00:15:56 CEST 2014

PUT _should_ (there is no police here though) be used to either create
a resource or completely update it (it's refered to as "upsert" by
some; in Redis, for example, a similar concept would be "set").
Partial modifications should be made using PATCH. POST is what is
commonly used to create a resource. According to
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html 412 is used
when "[t]he precondition given in one or more of the request-header
fields evaluated to false when it was tested on the server." (also:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.24).

- Paulo F. Oliveira