[99s-extend] Mailing lists

Bach Le thebullno1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 07:38:04 CEST 2013

>You can think it's not a problem, but Ithink it is. Is that a flame ?
This is a flame:
> Haha, what a joke. It's a pity you don't understand that.

I for one, prefer Postgres. Not everything can be mapped to kv and that's
the only thing Riak is good for. It's not fit for a general purpose
database.
To me, NoSQL is about specialization. Each db excels at one type of
operation (and then there's mongo, but that's for another time), while
RDBMSs offer general purpose solutions. I begin my projects with an RDBMS
(usually Postgres) and when a particular piece of data is the bottleneck, I
move it to the appropriate NoSQL db.